Gift Voucher Refunds
14 Day Change-of-Mind Refund Policy
If you have purchased an Experience Voucher from Pineapple Tours, you can request a refund of the Experience Voucher within 14 days of the purchase date if you have a change-of-mind. The refund excludes any delivery or transaction fees paid at the time of purchase. The change of mind refund excludes Physical products.
Conditions of Refund:
- Change-of-mind refunds are only permitted for valid vouchers that have not been used, i.e. where an experience date has not yet been booked on the Pineapple Tours system. Once you have requested a booking, your voucher cannot be cancelled and is not refundable for a change-of-mind, but may be subject to a credit if the experience cannot be fulfilled.
- The refund will be processed back to the purchaser only.
- Any Pineapple Tours account credits used for the purchase will be refunded in the same form of tender.
- The Change-of-Mind Policy does not apply to Dollar Gift Certificates, Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards, Gift Products, or any purchases made through a rewards platform points system.
- After the elapse of 14 days from the purchase date, no refunds will be granted for ‘Change-of-Mind’. Un-used, un-expired vouchers can now be exchanged free of charge (please refer to conditions of Exchange).
Guarantees and Warranties required by law
The Change of Mind policy above is in addition to your rights under both Australian and New Zealand Consumer Law in respect of guarantees and warranties for our products and services which by law cannot be excluded.
You should contact Pineapple Tours with any issues with a product or experience voucher purchased through Pineapple Tours. Upon receiving your query, Pineapple Tours will contact the supplier or Experience Provider to endeavour to resolve the issue on your behalf. If your issue cannot be resolved, we will provide you a remedy in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights and these terms and conditions.
- In respect of products purchased on Pineapple Tours (e.g. Gifts & Hampers and their contents) they must be of acceptable quality, free from defects, match what was advertised and be reasonably fit for the purpose considering the prices and description provided to you at the point of sale. If there is a major failure with the product not fulfilling any of these criteria then you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights so long as the complaint is made to us within a reasonable period of time.
- In respect of services it is the independent Experience Providers who provides the experience to you following the redemption of an experience voucher (see section 11). You will be entitled to a refund in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights if there is a major failure with the Experience Provider not providing the experience with due skill and care, not providing the experience within a reasonable period of time within the validity period (18 months), or with the experience not being fit for the purpose described at the point of sale.
- Where the Consumer Law does not apply to a circumstance beyond the control of either or both of Pineapple Tours or the Experience Provider, Pineapple Tours will provide you with a credit.
Please note that refunds can only be processed back to the original purchaser.
Exchange of Pineapple Tours Gifts
The purchaser or recipient of an experience voucher, at any time during the validity period, can make a booking, for any experience on the Pineapple Tours website. The experience presented on the voucher is only a suggestion from the purchaser of the voucher. The voucher holder is not limited to the experience displayed on the voucher.
Conditions of exchange:
- Change in experience choice is only permitted for valid vouchers that have not been used, i.e. where an experience date has not yet been requested on the Pineapple Tours system.
- Any experience voucher changed for an alternative experience will maintain the original expiry date of the voucher.
- If the new experience chosen is of lesser value, any remaining balance will be held on your Pineapple Tours account. This amount is subject to the same expiry date as the original voucher. If you choose an experience of higher value, you will be required and prompted to pay the difference.
- The value of your voucher that becomes available does not include any delivery or transaction fees paid at time of purchase.
Exchanges for change-of-mind do not apply to Gift Certificates.
Gift Cards & E-Gift Cards
Gift cards purchased on or after 1st October 2020 will have an expiry date of 5 years.
Gifts & Hampers
Once a Pineapple Tours Gifts & Hampers product has been purchased and dispatched, it cannot be exchanged for change-of-mind.