These terms and conditions specifically refer to the following products and services which may be purchased or accessed via our websites:
- Experience Vouchers, Gift Certificates (‘Gift Voucher’)/ Gift Cards
- Experience Voucher – a Pineapple Tours voucher for a specific experience.
- Gift Certificate (‘Gift Voucher’)/Card – a Pineapple Tours voucher with a dollar value that can be used as currency to purchase from a Pineapple Tours website.
- Direct Ship Items (Pineapple Tours Gifts & Hampers, and Merchandise)
- Pineapple Tours Account Credits
- These are credits applied to Pineapple Tours customer accounts which carry a dollar value that can be used to purchase from a Pineapple Tours website.
Throughout these terms and conditions, the above products and services are collectively referred to as ‘Pineapple Tours Gift(s)’.
In the case of unforeseen circumstances, we recommend that travel insurance be taken out by all passengers.
Table of Contents:
- Making a Purchase
- Refunds & Returns
- Exchange of Gifts
- Transfer of Gifts
- Lost Gift Vouchers
- Expiry & Extensions: Gift Vouchers
- Expiry & Extensions: Account credits
- Gift Voucher Delivery
- Delivery of Direct Ship Items
- Providers of Experiences
- Pineapple Tours Liability
- Availability of Experiences
- Contact Details Given to Experience Providers
- Booking Cancellations
- The Weather
- Complaints or Problems During your Experience
- Descriptions of Experiences and Gift Products
- Illustrations on Our Site
- Experience Locations
- Experience Session Lengths
- Restrictions on Taking Experiences
- Promotional Offers
- Other Information
- Pineapple Tours Legal Entities
- Information Security
- Competition Terms & Conditions
- Updating Terms and Conditions
- Photos and Marketing
- Your Experience
- Cancellation by Pineapple Tours
- Amendments to itineraries by Pineapple Tours
- Tour Conditions
Phone: 0466 331 232
+61 466 331 232 (outside Australia)
Please note: Vouchers purchased on pineappletours.com.au in Australian Dollars and gift cards purchased in Australian retailers in Australian Dollars cannot be redeemed or used to purchase experiences on any other website.
2. Experience and Gift Voucher Refunds 24Hr Change-of-Mind Refund Policy
If you have purchased an Experience or Gift Voucher from Pineapple Tours, you can request a refund of the Experience Voucher within 24hrs of the purchase date if you have a change-of-mind. The refund excludes any delivery or transaction fees paid at the time of purchase. The change of mind refund excludes Physical products.
After 24hrs all Experiences and Gift Vouchers are non refundable
Deposits are held as security for your booking and are non refundable
Conditions of Refund:
- Change-of-mind refunds are only permitted for valid vouchers that have not been used, i.e. where an experience date has not yet been booked on the Pineapple Tours system. Once you have requested a booking, your voucher cannot be cancelled and is not refundable for a change-of-mind, but may be subject to a credit if the experience cannot be fulfilled.
- The refund will be processed back to the purchaser only.
- Any Pineapple Tours account credits used for the purchase will be refunded in the same form of tender.
- The Change-of-Mind Policy does not apply to Gift Cards, E-Gift Cards, Gift Products, or any purchases made through a rewards platform.
- After the elapse of 24Hrs from the purchase date, no refunds will be granted for ‘Change-of-Mind’.
- Un-used, un-expired vouchers can now be exchanged free of charge (please refer to conditions of Exchange).
Guarantees and Warranties required by law
The Change of Mind policy above is in addition to your rights under both Australian and New Zealand Consumer Law in respect of guarantees and warranties for our products and services which by law cannot be excluded.
You should contact Pineapple Tours with any issues with a product or experience voucher purchased through Pineapple Tours. Upon receiving your query, Pineapple Tours will endeavour to resolve the issue to the best of our ability. If your issue cannot be resolved, we will provide you a remedy in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights and these terms and conditions.
- In respect of products purchased on Pineapple Tours (e.g. Gifts & Hampers and their contents) they must be of acceptable quality, free from defects, match what was advertised and be reasonably fit for the purpose considering the prices and description provided to you at the point of sale. If there is a major failure with the product not fulfilling any of these criteria then you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights so long as the complaint is made to us within a reasonable period of time.
- In respect of services it is the independent Experience Providers who provides the experience to you following the redemption of an experience voucher (see section 11). You will be entitled to a refund in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights if there is a major failure with the Experience Provider not providing the experience with due skill and care, not providing the experience within a reasonable period of time within the validity period (60 months), or with the experience not being fit for the purpose described at the point of sale.
- Where the Consumer Law does not apply to a circumstance beyond the control of either or both of Pineapple Tours or the Experience Provider, Pineapple Tours will provide you with a credit voucher valid for 60 months from the Purchase date.
Please note that refunds can only be processed back to the original purchaser.
3. Exchange of Pineapple Tours Gifts
Experiences and Gift Vouchers
The purchaser or recipient of an experience or gift voucher, at any time during the validity period, can make a booking, for any experience on the Pineapple Tours website. The experience presented on the voucher is only a suggestion from the purchaser of the voucher. The voucher holder is not limited to the experience displayed on the voucher.
Conditions of exchange:
- Change in experience choice is only permitted for valid vouchers that have not been used, i.e. where an experience date has not yet been requested on the Pineapple Tours system.
- Any experience voucher changed for an alternative experience will maintain the original expiry date of the voucher.
- If the new experience chosen is of lesser value, any remaining balance will be held on your Pineapple Tours account. This amount is subject to the same expiry date as the original voucher. If you choose an experience of higher value, you will be required and prompted to pay the difference.
- The value of your voucher that becomes available does not include any delivery or transaction fees paid at time of purchase.
Exchanges for change-of-mind do not apply to Gift Certificates.
Gift Cards & E-Gift Cards
Gift cards purchased on or after 1st October 2020 will have an expiry date of 5 years.
Gifts & Hampers
Once a Pineapple Tours Gifts & Hampers product has been purchased and dispatched, it cannot be exchanged for change-of-mind.
We reserve the right to change prices without notice. All prices are in AUD and include Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the current rate of 10% in Australia.
Pineapple Tours Australia charges a transaction fee to recover the costs it incurs for card payments. Pineapple Tours Australia charges no fees for payments made using Bank Transfer. Fees will not apply when redeeming a gift voucher or using Pineapple Tours credit.
Transaction fees vary dependent on the payment method chosen.
If transaction fees apply, the transaction fees charged will be clearly displayed to Pineapple Tours Australia customers at the time of purchase.
Pineapple Tours Australia will charge a flat rate fee of 1.9% of the purchase price on all transactions. This fee will not apply when redeeming a gift voucher or Pineapple Tours credit. All fees will be clearly displayed to Pineapple Tours customers at the time of purchase.
Sometimes, despite our best efforts, products may be incorrectly displayed on our website at a price that is lower than the correct price. Where there is such a manifest error, we will notify you of the error as soon as possible to provide you with the option of purchasing the product at the correct price. In the event that you do not wish to pay the correct price, we reserve our rights to cancel your order, in which case we will refund you any payments that you have made to us in respect of that product.
- a) Price changes — The prices appearing on the website are the current rates and can change without notice. Once a traveller has booked with us, the traveller will not be required to pay any difference in the event of a price increase. In any case, Pineapple Tours will not refund the balance of any price reduction.
- b) Per person — All prices listed are on a per person basis unless otherwise stated.
- c) Inclusions — Prices include all inclusions as indicated on the tour description on pineappletours.com.au.
- d) Exclusions — Prices do not include:
- Tips and gratuities — Though not compulsory, if you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers, a tip is appropriate. Tipping inspires service excellence and is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels.
- Items of a personal nature — These may include snacks, meals, and drinks not outlined as an inclusion in the inclusions section of the tour description.
iii. Baggage and personal insurance — It is highly recommended that each traveller obtain adequate insurance for their travels.
- Wine to take away — Wine is supplied for you to taste during your experience with us at each winery. If you wish to take wine away with you, you can purchase wines at the winery, we may be able to help ship them to you, or you may even find them for purchase in your country of origin.
- Promotional Codes & Limited Time Offers — Discount campaigns may be promoted from time to time however promotional codes must be redeemed at time of purchase. Discounts, limited time offers, and promotional codes may not be applied retrospectively and only one offer may be redeemed for any one booking..
- Guests under the age of 18 years — Guests under the age of 18 years (children) are not permitted on any small-group tour. Children will be permitted carriage only on private tours and will be charged accordingly on a case by case basis. Under no circumstances are children allowed on tour without being directly accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. In Australia it is illegal for anyone to supply alcohol to someone under the age of 18 years of age on a licensed premise, including at cellar doors or wineries. As such, no person under the age of 18 years of age will be allowed to consume/taste wine or any other alcohol at any stage of the tour, regardless of who supplies it. Valid identification may be requested and if not produced a portion of the booking will be cancelled with no right to refund. Should anyone on tour supply alcohol to a minor they will be removed from the tour and reported to the police without hesitation.
If a guest who has claimed to be a child but is identified as not qualifying for a reduced child rate, the guest will be required to provide the balance of difference between the full rate and reduced rate for the tour before being permitted to start the tour.
5. Transfer of Pineapple Tours Experiences or Gift Vouchers
All valid and unused Pineapple Tours Experiences or Gift Vouchers are fully transferable. Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any stolen or fraudulent Gift Vouchers. It is the holder’s responsibility to ensure the safe keeping of the Gift Voucher(s).
Gift vouchers (including experience vouchers, gift certificates, gift cards and e-gift cards) may not, without the prior written consent of Pineapple Tours, be resold or offered for resale (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a gift voucher is sold or used in breach of this condition, the gift voucher may be cancelled without a refund and holder of the gift voucher will be unable to use the gift voucher. Pineapple Tours cannot guarantee the validity of any gift voucher offered for resale on 3rd party websites such as Facebook, eBay or Gumtree.
Pineapple Tours Account Credit
These may not be transferred under any circumstances.
Gifts & Hampers
Transfer does not apply to Pineapple Tours ‘Gifts & Hampers’.
6. Lost Gift Vouchers
If a Pineapple Tours Gift Voucher is received and subsequently lost, the recipient may be eligible to have a replacement voucher emailed to them.
Conditions for replacement of lost Pineapple Tours Gift Vouchers:
- The voucher is still valid and has not yet been exchanged or used.
- Proof of purchase is provided; either an order number, purchaser’s full name or purchaser’s email address.
- Pineapple Tours is able to correctly verify you as the original recipient.
Please note it is the voucher recipient’s responsibility to obtain and provide Pineapple Tours with all required verification details. Failure to do so will mean no replacement voucher can be issued.
7. Expiry & Extensions: Gift Vouchers
Experience Vouchers will remain valid for 60 months from the date of purchase subject to the following;
- If the Experience Voucher is not booked and taken within 18 months the amount paid for the voucher will be preserved for a further 42 months but the experience supplier will not be obliged to offer the experience nor to offer the experience at the same price.
- After 18 months, if the price of the experience has increased, an additional amount will need to be paid at the time of booking.
- After 18 months, if the experience is no longer available a Pineapple Tours Account Credit will be provided for the amount paid for the voucher.
If your gift voucher is close to or has expired up to a maximum of 90 days past the expiry date, you can request an extension for a maximum of 90 days. This will incur a $30 extension fee paid at the time of extension.
If your gift voucher has been expired for greater than 90 days the voucher cannot be extended under any circumstances. Expired vouchers are non-refundable in whole or in part. After a voucher has expired, it is no longer valid, and all transaction attempts will be declined. Any unused value at the date of expiry will become the property of Pineapple Tours.
If you are eligible for an extension, please contact our Customer Experience team by getting in contact here. Please note an extension can only be granted once per voucher.
Vouchers purchased on or after 1st October 2020 will have an expiry date of 60 months.
Gift Certificates or Gift Cards
Gift Certificates/ Cards must be used within 60 months (5 years) of purchase.
8. Expiry & Extensions: Pineapple Tours Account Credits
Pineapple Tours Account Credits carry the same expiry date as the original Experience Voucher, Gift Certificate or Gift Card. Expired Pineapple Tours Account credits are non-refundable in whole or in part. After credit has expired, it is no longer valid, and all transaction attempts will be declined. Any unused value at the date of expiry will become the property of Pineapple Tours.
Extensions for use of Pineapple Tours Account Credits are not permitted under any circumstances.
9. Gift Voucher Delivery
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to correctly address gifts, whether by email, post or courier. Pineapple Tours cannot be held responsible for any damaged, missing or delayed orders where incorrect or incomplete delivery details (address and, if relevant, appropriate delivery instructions) have been provided.
All Gift Vouchers are dispatched from Pineapple Tours fulfilment partner based on the Gold Coast.
A redelivery charge will apply (depending on the delivery method chosen) if the item is lost after receipt, if the recipient is unavailable for receipt of delivery, if the delivery address is incorrect or if there is no safe place to leave the item.
In some circumstances where delivery has been attempted but unsuccessful, the item will be taken to the nearest post office.
Gift Voucher Delivery via Email
Pineapple Tours is not liable or responsible for any loss suffered as a result of a Gift Voucher via email being blocked by filters or firewalls, or where the incorrect email address has been entered by the purchaser. If the recipient does not receive the email Gift Voucher, please contact us to send vouchers to an alternative email address. Alternatively, we can change the delivery method which would incur the normal delivery fee of that service.
Delivery via Standard Post
- Standard Post delivery is via Australia Post. Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or delay as a result of using Australia Post’s service. If for any reason your Gift Voucher doesn’t arrive, please contact us immediately and we can arrange for the Gift Voucher emailed to you free of charge.
- Standard Post delivery is via New Zealand Post. Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or delay as a result of using New Zealand Post’s service. If for any reason your Gift Voucher doesn’t arrive, please contact us immediately and we can arrange for the Gift Voucher emailed to you free of charge.
Delivery via Express Post
Australia & New Zealand
- Express Post delivery to physical locations is provided via Australia Post.
- Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or delay as a result of using postal services.
- Pineapple Tours can provide you with an Australia Post Express Post tracking code in the event you need to locate the whereabouts of your delivery.
- Express Post deliveries do not require a signature and will be delivered to the specified recipient’s physical postal address provided at time of purchase.
- Physical postal addresses can only be changed on the same date of purchase during the existing operating hours of the Pineapple Tours Customer Experience Team, by calling in and speaking with one of our Customer Experience Consultants. Our support team will get back to you within 24 Hours
- If the physical postal address provided at time of purchase is incorrect, a redelivery charge of $15.00 for Express Post will apply for the item to be resent.
- During December and January, our Fulfilment Centre observes certain closure dates where physical orders are unable to be fulfilled. Closure dates are publicised on our physical product pages prior to purchase.
Delivery of Direct Ship Items
Direct Ship items refers to Pineapple Tours Gift Products, and Movie Tickets.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to correctly address gifts. Pineapple Tours cannot be held responsible for any damaged, missing or delayed orders where:
- Incorrect or incomplete delivery details (address and, if relevant, appropriate delivery instructions) have been provided.
- It has been requested that the item be left unattended
We strongly recommend using a business address for delivery. Residential addresses may cause missed delivery issues.
Pineapple Tours Gifts Products
- Pineapple Tours ‘Gifts & Hampers’ products are normally dispatched via Australia Post E-Parcel. Pineapple Tours accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or delay as a result of using this service. Couriers deliver between 9am and 5pm (Mon-Fri) and specific dates and times cannot be guaranteed. All ‘Gifts & Hampers’ deliveries must be signed for (unless specified to leave unattended) and we cannot deliver to PO Boxes. A redelivery charge of $16.50 will apply if the recipient is unavailable for receipt of delivery, if the delivery address is incorrect or if there is no safe place to leave the item.
Providers of Experiences
Nothing in these terms (including the exclusions and limitations in this section 11) excludes, restricts or modifies any guarantee, right or remedy that under law cannot be excluded, modified or restricted such as your statutory consumer guarantee rights, including under the Australian Consumer Law (for more information see section 2 and section 13).
Subject to such legislation:
- Gift Vouchers are sold by Pineapple Tours as agent for businesses that provide lifestyle and recreational services to customers (‘Experience Providers’).
- Pineapple Tours provides the Gift Voucher and the contract with Pineapple Tours is not finalised until the experience has been fulfilled by the Experience Provider.
- Pineapple Tours is not a provider of experiences and Experience Providers provide these services directly to customers. Pineapple Tours has no responsibility for any services or experiences provided or not provided to you by the Experience Provider or any other party.
- Pineapple Tours makes no warranty or representation regarding the standard of any service to be provided to you by the Experience Provider.
- All Pineapple Tours vouchers are issued subject to the terms and conditions of each Experience Provider and these Pineapple Tours terms and conditions.
- Pineapple Tours does not control the business operations of any Experience Provider.
- Pineapple Tours make no guarantees or warranties about the services that are provided to you by the experience providers.
Pineapple Tours Liability
Nothing in these terms (including the exclusions and limitations in this section 12) excludes, restricts or modifies any guarantee, right or remedy that under law cannot be excluded, modified or restricted such as your statutory consumer guarantee rights, including under the Australian Consumer Law (for more information see section 2 and section 13).
Subject to such legislation, Pineapple Tours has:
- No liability for any act, omission or default, whether negligent or otherwise of any experience provider or third party.
- No liability for any loss or damage occasioned by any negligent act or omission of any experience provider or third party.
- Where Pineapple Tours liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the Gift Voucher purchased.
- Where an experience cannot be fulfilled on a temporary basis due to a circumstance beyond the control of either or both of Pineapple Tours or the Experience Provider, Pineapple Tours will provide you with a credit to use once those circumstances resolve.
- Availability of Experiences
All experiences are offered by experience providers subject to availability. Bookings are recommended to be made at least 3 weeks in advance. If you would like to book during peak times (such as weekends or holidays), you should book further in advance. Bookings are not finalised until you have received the email entitled “Pineapple Tours booking confirmation”. Please be advised that some experiences display availability dates on the website. These dates are guidelines only and are subject to change. We suggest that if you plan to purchase a voucher for a date listed at short notice, you contact us to ensure there is still availability before completing the transaction.
All Pineapple Tours experiences are subject to removal from our website at any time without notice.
In the event that you have sought to fulfil your experience by booking and that experience is removed from the site and the experience provider is no longer honouring bookings or the experience is otherwise no longer available, you will be offered a choice of remedy in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights such as a Pineapple Tours Account Credit for the value of the voucher (which will be given to the holder of the voucher), for an alternative experience of the same value (if available). In the event no reasonable alternative is available and the experience is still within the validity period (18 months from date of purchase). Pineapple Tours will provide or a refund back to the original purchaser only (for more information on your statutory consumer guarantee rights see section 2). If the voucher is outside the validity period you will be offered a Pineapple Tours Account Credit for the value of the voucher. The Pineapple Tours Account Credit will have the same expiry date as the original experience voucher.
Where you receive a refund, the refund will be processed back to the purchaser only (we are unable to provide a refund to the recipient of an experience voucher) for the original amount paid excluding any delivery and transaction fees. Where the original purchase was made by Pineapple Tours Gift Voucher, Gift Card or Account Credit, the experience voucher will be credited in the original form of tender.
Pineapple Tours accepts no liability for the removal of experiences from the website (subject to your statutory consumer guarantee rights, for more information see section 2).
14. Contact Details Given to Experience Providers
It is your responsibility to ensure you enter your email address and other contact details correctly when you complete the experience booking process on a Pineapple Tours website. Failure to do so may result in loss or incorrect delivery of the email confirmation of your experience. As the experience provider will be expecting you, you may end up forfeiting your voucher (subject to the experience provider’s terms and conditions).
15. Booking Cancellations
Once your booking has been made, if you cancel it, you may incur a cancellation fee from the experience provider. Our experience providers have their own cancellation policies which you are bound to follow. In the case of short notice cancellations by you, you may lose your voucher completely if the experience provider is unable to fill your space on the day. If an experience provider needs to cancel an experience for any reason, you will be offered to reschedule to a convenient alternative date. In the event of multiple experience cancellations by the Experience Provider or if the Experience Provider cannot reschedule within a reasonable period of time, you may be entitled to a remedy in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights (for more information see section 2). Except as required by your statutory consumer guarantee rights (for more information see section 2), Pineapple Tours will not reimburse any travelling, accommodation or other expenses incurred by you or any other person in the event of a cancellation.
16. The Weather
Many experiences are weather dependent. You will have the Experience Provider’s details so you can call to confirm whether adverse weather affects your proposed experience. We suggest you call on the morning of your experience if you have any doubt about the weather suitability. If bad weather affects a booking, you will be offered alternative times to reschedule at no cost to you. In the event of multiple cancellations for adverse weather or if the Experience Provider cannot reschedule within a reasonable period of time, you may be entitled to a remedy in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights (for more information see section 2).
17. Complaints or Problems During Your Experience
If you have a problem or a complaint on the day of your experience, please bring this to the experience provider’s attention immediately so that issues may be addressed on the spot, where possible.
Some of the experiences that we promote as an agent are considered dangerous. Prior to ordering or participating in any experience you should be aware of the risks involved. Pineapple Tours can provide further information if you are in any doubt about any experience. Experience providers warrant that they maintain appropriate public liability insurance for all risks associated with its business and service provisions. We make no warranty or representation about their business or services whatsoever (subject to your statutory consumer guarantee rights, for more information see section 2). The responsibility rests with you to make independent enquiries with the experience provider or other third parties as to the need to acquire your own insurance cover.
19. Descriptions of Experiences and Gift Products
Independent experience providers provide the information about their experiences. We try to ensure that our promotional information is accurate and up-to-date. However, the content or format of some experiences may change slightly from time to time. The experience provider (upon confirmation of each booking) will provide the final details about each experience. The experience provider will notify you of any subsequent changes. Your participation in each experience is conditional upon your acceptance of the experience provider’s terms and conditions at the time your booking is confirmed by the experience provider.
At certain times we may need to change the contents of Pineapple Tours ‘Gifts & Hampers’, for example where individual items are out of stock or have become obsolete. We will ensure that any replacement item is of comparable quality and if this is not possible, you may be entitled to a remedy in accordance with your statutory consumer guarantee rights (for more information see section 2).
20. Illustrations on Our Sites
The photographs used on our websites to illustrate single or multi-location experiences are provided to us by experience providers and are used as an indication only of the machines, vehicles, craft, venues and animals you will experience.
21. Experience Locations
Pineapple Tours experience providers are located at many of Australia and New Zealand’s best locations. We are continually adding locations but occasionally we may need to stop featuring some venues. Where locations are described as “Australia-wide” or “New Zealand-wide” the description is indicative only. Some experiences may not be available in remote areas.
22. Experience Session Length
Experience session lengths are approximate and are given by experience providers as a guide to the total time you will be at their venue. Unless otherwise stated, you will normally take your turn with the experience provider’s other customers and there may be waiting time involved. Any itinerary provided to you is indicative only and the order of events may change.
23. Restrictions on Taking Experiences
Certain experiences provided by experience providers are subject to minimum age, weight, health or other restrictions. These restrictions are outlined on the relevant experience information page and also in the email of your booking confirmation. Please read this information carefully. It is your responsibility to understand any restrictions prior to confirming your booking. If you are later forced to cancel due to restrictions, you may be liable for charges by the provider of your experience or forfeit the experience all together. Please refer to section 15 – Cancellations.
24. Promotional Offers
For all Pineapple Tours promotional terms and conditions please click here.
25. Other InformationThe text and illustrations (including photographs) used by Pineapple Tours are protected by copyright and must not be copied in whole or in part with the express permission of Pineapple Tours.
26. Pineapple Tours Legal EntitiesThe Pineapple Tours websites (pineappletours.com.au and goldcoastwinetours.com) are owned and operated by Pineapple Tours Pty Ltd (ABN 30 612 553 938) herein referred to as “Pineapple Tours”. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions without notice
27. Information securityNotwithstanding the reasonable steps taken to keep information secure, breaches may occur. In the event of a security incident we have in place procedures to promptly investigate the incident and determine if there has been a data breach involving personal information, and if so, to assess if it is a breach that would require notification. If it is, we will notify affected parties in accordance with Privacy Act requirements.In the event of a security incident involving unauthorised access, use or disclosure of personal information where a third party with whom we share personal information is involved, we will seek to work cooperatively with them to protect the personal information we have shared with them.
28. Competition Terms & Conditions
For all Pineapple Tours competition terms and conditions please click here.
We encourage you to leave feedback on your experience with Pineapple Tours and the experiences Pineapple Tours offers.
By submitting any content to Pineapple Tours, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights of the content of your review, and that the content of your review does not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- For any content that you submit, you grant Pineapple Tours a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you;
- All “moral rights” you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you (including rights of attribution or integrity) that may subsist in your content and agree you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion or exploitation of your content by Pineapple Tours;
- You are at least 18 years old if completing a review for an experience that includes alcohol;
- You have not been compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for your review, and that you are providing your review in good faith and in the spirit in which the process is intended;
- The content you provide to Pineapple Tours: is not false, inaccurate or misleading; does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising) does not contain any content which is defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation; does not contain any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files; and
- The content you provide does not contain any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines: Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum; advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites; email addresses, URLs, twitter handles, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information; critical or spiteful comments about other reviews posted on the page or their authors.
You agree to indemnify and hold Pineapple Tours (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (direct or indirect) including reasonable legal fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Pineapple Tours and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
From time to time Pineapple Tours may offer customers incentives to leave reviews (e.g. discount coupon/entry into prize draws, etc.). As it is important to Pineapple Tours that reviews are impartial and honest, these incentives will be available to customers regardless of whether the review is positive or negative.
30. Updating Terms and Conditions
Pineapple Tours reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time. The latest terms and conditions can always be found on the website pineappletours.com.au and will supersede any previous versions.
Promoter is Pineapple Tours Pty Ltd, ABN 30 612 553 938.
Phone: 0466 331 232
31. Photos and Marketing
Guests consent to us using images of you taken during the tour for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes. We can assure you that no unflattering footage or strange editing practices will be used.
32. Your Experience
We rely on guests to be prompt at the start of the tour, to help facilitate an enjoyable experience for everyone onboard. Guests must adhere to the start time set out in the product information on their confirmation. If you know you are going to be late, please contact us on the phone number on your voucher and we’ll do our best to help you catch up. If a guest hasn’t arrived on time and without any contact, Pineapple Tours will consider the guest to be a “no show” and the tour will start without them, with no refund to be provided.
a) Pick-up — Time will be listed in the booking confirmation (for example, 9:00-09:30am). The traveller should wait in the lobby or out the front of their accommodation during the designated pick-up times. It is recommended that you aim to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to prevent being late.
b) Meeting point — This is generally out the front/lobby of your accommodation. In such instances where your accommodation is difficult to get to with our vehicle or outside of our pick up zone, we will contact you directly with a suitable alternative meeting point.
32.2 Acceptance of risk
While Pineapple Tours holds a Public Liability Insurance Policy, travel insurance is not included for customers in any of our services. By joining us on tour you acknowledge that your experience may involve a degree of personal risk. Customers travel entirely at their own risk and we take no responsibility for the security of personal belongings. Customers accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly while on tour. We kindly suggest taking out private travel insurance prior to any travel occasion.
32.3 Private Nature of Tours
Whilst your tour may be private and we make every effort to avoid the crowds, tastings and experiences at our providers may not be exclusive of others, especially during peak times. Experiences provided by our third-party provider partners are subject to their own Terms and Conditions.
32.4 Language Service (Private Tours only)
While our small-group tours are exclusively conducted in English, if you wish to provide a translator, we will be more than happy to work with them. We may even be able to find one for you – just ask.
33. Cancellations by Pineapple Tours
a) Operators right to cancel – At the sole discretion of the tour operator, we reserve the right to cancel any tour before departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, extreme weather, political instability, or any other external events it is not viable or possible for us to operate the planned itinerary. Customers will be eligible for a full refund in such cases that we cancel the tour. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to accommodation, visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, or non-refundable flights.
b) Cancellation due to unlawful or unruly conduct – If your tour guide or any third party provider deems you or your party’s actions to cause danger to other travellers or our staff, to intervene with other clients’ enjoyment of the trip, or to be offensive to the local communities and cultures, we reserve the right to remove you and your party from the tour effectively immediately. This includes but is not limited to a customer becoming overly inebriated, being refused service under Liquor Licensing Act 1997, inciting violence, displaying violent or offensive behaviour, breaking any State or Federal Law. Under such circumstances there will be no right to refund and you may be referred to the local police.
c) Pandemic, War, Natural Disaster, acts of God, or Government Intervention – Some things in life can not be foreseen or controlled. Under such events or circumstances where the usual tour capacity or conditions can not be met (including but not limited to Government restrictions placed on the amount of people allowed in a defined space or on the movement of people, or safe/restricted access to certain areas) contract conditions will be voided. Operator will be under no obligation to honour any bookings made prior to the event for departures during such times of political or social unrest. Operator reserves the right to implement new temporary measures including new touring options at a different rate to previously offered products until such time that conditions have returned to their former state.
34. Amendments to itineraries by Pineapple Tours
While we endeavour to operate all tours as described, we reserve the right to change the tour itinerary and inclusions. The itinerary provided for each experience is representative of the activities planned; however, the route, amenities, stops, and modes of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
If we make a major change before departure, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. Should you feel that any of changes made a significant impact on your enjoyment of the experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance in an effort to reach a suitable resolution.
35. Tour Conditions
Minimum numbers are required for private tour groups. If you cannot meet the required number of guests confirmed for your booking we will either offer you space on a public tour when available or charge a $100 fee for each missing guest. Guests are not permitted to drink on the bus and if there is any excessive mess or vomit on the bus you agree to pay a $400 cleaning fee. Any damage to the vehicles by guests will incur a fee for the cost of the damage and downtime of the vehicle. The person booking the tour will be held responsible for the behaviour of their guests.
a) Booking Confirmation — Upon receipt of full payment, Pineapple Tours will issue a confirmation via email for the booked tour.
b) Proof of Confirmation — The lead traveller must present the original confirmation (electronic or paper copy) issued by Pineapple Tours at the start of the tour. Pineapple Tours reserves the right to refuse service to any travellers not able to provide their confirmation to their guide at the beginning of the tour.
c) Once the confirmation has been sent to you it is your responsibility to let us know if there are any mistakes. (ei. Correct contact details and pickup address)